Friday, February 22, 2008

I love running


I really don't think there's much I enjoy as much as running. I just got back from a 1:05 zone 3.5 and lower run couldn't believe how great my life is. It's cold here, really cold but dressed properly, it's not bad. In my past life, a Friday night would have included a case of beer, pack of smokes and two buddies in my wood shop getting juiced and telling lies. There's nothing wrong with that I Guess if you don't mind missing life. I have two little girls that I prefer not to see there Dad as a drunken bum who smells like stale smoke.

Tonight I tucked the angels in, kissed my wife goodnight, and left for my run. I'm typing this now getting ready for bed, knowing tomorrow will be a great day. By great I mean no hangover, no hacking cough and no excuses to the princesses as to why I don't want to take them swimming.

God I love my life.

Dave

2 comments:

Taconite Boy said...

Thanks for tuning in!

Children, beautiful wife and health...a gift I am daily thankful for.

Patricio said...

Great post Dave. I notice we have a few things in common... love to train, love triathlons, married, 2 daughters (5 & 2). You are training for your first 70.3? So am I... crazy!
Found your blog in the triathlon runnersworld.com forum.
Great blog man, and keep up with the training. I'm sure I'll come back to see your progress.
Good luck!
PC