Friday, March 21, 2008

One week to go

My 30k race is next weekend and I think I'm ready. I've been training hard and sticking to my HR zones that my coach has prescribed for me. Did my final long run today of 2:45 in the friggin snow no less. Managed to get in two outdoor bike rides this week of one hour each. Froze my feet off because I didn't know how vented my new shoes were. I was laughing out loud at myself because my chain came off and as I coasted to a stop I forgot to unclip for some reason. The car driving by must have roared to see a guy simply tip over on his road bike with aero bars. It certainly felt good to get out on the road and although I didn't set any land speed records it was a great change of pace from spin bikes and my new trainer.

Speaking of my bike, I go for a bike fit on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it because since putting the aero bars on it I am too stretched out and need to shorten the stem. I am going to talk to my LBS and see if I'd be better off with a forward angle post in order to get a closer tri geometry bike.

Anyhow,

Dave

3 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Good luck on your 30k. I think you might have good weather..at least I hope you do!!

tracie said...

good luck on your 30K!!!

keep up the hard work!

funny thing, i fell on my first 'outdoor ride of the season' this week too! :)

Patricio said...

30K... nice... Maybe some day.
You'll do great!
Let me know how the bik-fit goes, Good luck!
P