Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lots going on


Got myself a new trainer for my bike. Thanks to Ironcouple from Amherstburg, they had one for sale and it was the right price so therefore it is now mine. Have ridden it twice now and holy crap do I sweat when I ride indoors. On the spin bikes at the gym the room is usually freezing from the air and I don't notice it as much but at home in the living room, I think I'm going to need a thicker mat.



Took the family out to Pelee Inn in Leamington on Sunday and Monday night. My wife has to work so we couldn't really go far. The kids loved it. They swam and swam and swam. It was great to get out of the house for a couple of days and enjoy each other. It is not a bad little place to go for the weekend if your kids are small. Much older than ours and they may be bored, but it was an awesome weekend.

Pelee Inn is hosting a half marathon in April. I'm not sure how this is going to fit into my race schedule but I am seriously considering it.

I hope to get to St Clair this week, I'm sick of dodging old people swimming the short way at the pool in my gym.

Later,

Dave

1 comment:

Patricio said...

Thought you forgot you had a blog! lol j/k!
That is so cool you guys had a blast at Pelee Inn... sounds like a fun place for the little ones.
You know, it's funny you mentioned the trainer, I have been wanting one but just never got it...by now it's almost useless since the weather finally is nice and it's time to ride outside. That's awesome you got one though, I bet it's a really good work out.

Yup.. tri bike.... hee hee hee... How about this: we both have the best wives ever! :)