Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bi Lateral Breathing for Dummies


If they made a book like this, I would buy it, if only to identify myself as a dummy while carrying it with me. I was told today to start working on bi=lateral breathing. I was getting nice and comfortable doing it wrong, breathing out of one side only. I was quite happy with this bad habit. I worked hard to ingrain in deep inot my psyche, and today my little bubble burst. If you want to get better, do it right or don't do it.

I could not do more than 50m at a shot without my HR spiking and my frustration overflowing. I know it will get better and I know I will simply look at this as another bump in the road, but for today I want to whine and possibly focus on Duathalon.

All kidding aside however, training hard has taught me that the rewars for the work is always ten fold. I know that giving in weakens me mentally and that is not how someone that wants to be successful in triathalon trains. Sometimes the gains are easy but they are usually hard, but they are all worth it.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Stop your whining ...I wish I could swim as well as you :)

I see you ran a great race today. I didn't see you there. Too bad we missed you.

See you at the pool!