Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It may be too early to tell but Spring may be arriving. Kona Shelley must be mad that when she leaves for Cuba, the snow melts and I'm out running in just a long sleeve tech shirt (with pants of course). It is refreshing to see others running as well. I can get awful lonely sometimes when it gets dark by 5:30 and I'm the only living thing that is running that has not commited a crime. It is nice to finish a run and not look like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber when they get off the mini bike (do a google image search if you haven't seen it ). It is simply nice not to be frickin cold.

Riding on a trainer....what can I say. The best thing about riding on a trainer is that it makes me long to be running on a treadmill at my gym. I discovered that at least at the gym, there is always people watching to amuse myself with when I'm on a long run indoors. In my living room, with the kids in bed and dear wife at work, TV doesn't cut it. The people I bought the trainer from gave me good idea. Watch a hockey game (or whatever sport you like) and do things like sprint from whistle to whistle or out of the saddle for the whole power play. Last night there wasn't any hockey games on so I tried to sprint in between stupid things being said while watching the Apprentice. This I do not recommend because there is pretty well always something stupid being said on the Apprentice.

Later

Dave

2 comments:

Patricio said...

LOL, ok so ur next post should have a pic of you looking like JC in Dumb and dumber...
I don't have a trainer but will get one eventually and the idea ur friends gave u are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend! (And yeah, I'll keep u posted on the Mex trip)
P

Born To Endure said...

Yah...I sure missed leaving Windsor with all that darned sand/sun/heat..i had to deal with..it was hard ya know..hee hee...