Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Race Report


30k Around the Bay, (the oldest road race in North America as it is billed) was awesome. My brother and I went up on Saturday and the race went off as planned on Sunday at 9:30 sharp. This was the first race I’ve done with thousands of people and it was pretty neat. The organization of this race was unbelievable. My time was 2:52 which was a little off of my goal time but was I did successfully accomplish was to negative split all three 10k splits. The last 10 are on rolling hills that are brutal and it was my fastest 10k of the day at 56:00 so I was happy that I was disciplined enough to have some gas left in the tank at the end. My brother did at 3:24 and was very happy that he knocked 5 minutes off his half marathon time at the 21k mark.

Just got back in from a 1 hour bike ride and man am I slow. It was all zone 1-2 EZ riding but when you get used to the trainer and spin bikes at the gym, riding on the road in those zones for me is like going in reverse. Felt good even though it was friggin cold today.

My coach just sent me my months worth of workouts and I do believe that the work is beginning to ramp up a little bit for triathlon season. Lots of one hour this followed by 30 minute that etc. I may have to sedate my lovely wife when she hears about some of the longer bricks later in the year.

Oh yeah, I hate swimming.

Dave

2 comments:

Patricio said...

Congrats on the 30K! Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you.

Man, I wish I had my bike yet but nothing yet... Do you have it? They told me it's being shipped from there... hmmmm let go pls? :)

Oh and Cancun it's like 98% sure... at least that we are going, don't know about the HIM yet, but I think I might as well.

P

Simeon of Kent said...

Just had my first kid five weeks ago and me going out training and leaving her with the baby is already becoming an issue. I've my first Olympic distance in July and I need to ramp up the training, so if your sedation works can you tell me the substance? Thanks, Oh! well done on the race...