Sunday, April 6, 2008


What an awesome weekend. My little princess was absolutely gorgeous at her ice show last night. It was quite a show with the little ones that did little more than just walk on their skates. The feature skater of the night (other than my six year old) was fourteen years old and has been skating for 12 years. That type of dedication gives hope for the new generation.

I did my first brick outside of the year. Just a short little 1:20 bike followed by a 20 minute run. I think I almost forgot how tough it is to run on junk legs. My coach seems to have a heavy bike plan for me the next month which is ok because doing a half marathon followed by a 30k a couple weeks later had me needing a little break from lots of running.

I have officially broken up with discussing, referring to or even thinking about swimming. I will still do it but then will go into strict denial that I swam that day. It is kind of like eating veggies as a child, I know its good for me but that doesn’t make it any easier.

That’s a picture of my daughter up top.

3 comments:

Patricio said...

She is such a doll!!! Great stuff D!
Well my friend... Mejico is a go... now I just need to decide if I am gonna go for the HIM or not... regardless we'll go for a cpl of swims since that's your fav leg :)
PC

Jeff said...

Does this mean since I only know you from swimming that you are going to ignore me too.
I think you are a good swimmer..compared to me!

Patricio said...

Hey Dave,
Wanted to ask you a cpl of questions... do you mind emaling me?
paracordero@msn.com
Thanks man!

PC