Thursday, April 10, 2008

Run shop angers me


So I bought a fuel belt at a local run shop that will remain nameless (tortoise and the hare) Used it twice and the eyelet popped off that secures the tension cords to hold your bottles in. Anthow, back to the store I go, figure that this is going to be straightforward, right? Wrong! I had to leave it with the girl and then the owner calls me yesterday ( a week later) to tell me that there nothing he can do, these things happen. I've only owned the 50 dollar belt for two weeks!!!!!!!!What the hell does he mean these things happen.

Oh Well, I'm going to email Fuel Belt tommorow with a picture and my tale of woe and see what they can do.

2 comments:

Patricio said...

Oh man... that stinks!
Hopefully fuelbelt helps you. Good luck!
P

tracie said...

seriously! wtf!!! customer service is nonexistent anymore. hopefully, emailing the company direct will have better results!